What: This is an opportunity to create a poster to advertise the Lighthouse Dance student showcase. The poster can be delivered as a digital file or turned to the front desk as a physical piece of art. It can be designed with any software, tools, photos, or physical medium. ALL entries that adhere to the rules will be featured on our website or social media. One entry will be chosen to be printed for advertising and use in the program.
Entry Cost: FREE
1) One entry per student. Entry must be created by an active student at Lighthouse Dance. Any age.
2) Required text elements:
-Lighthouse Dance (logo can optionally be used)
Helpful tip: If your piece is chosen, please keep in mind that the following additional informational text will be added digitally for print and social media: If you do not choose to include the following text elements in your design, be sure to allow room around your design for those elements to be added to the final design of the poster.
-March 11th, 2023, 4PM, Rialto Theater
-Tickets at lighthousedance.com/shine
-Free open house with art showcase and music recital at Lighthouse Dance on March 11th 6PM-8PM
3) Judging Criteria: Adherence to rules, creativity, relevancy, advertising value, artistic design.
4) REQUIRED file specs. The file must be delivered as a JPG file. The dimensions should be formatted to 11″x17″ (That’s a vertically oriented poster. 11 inches wide by 17 inches tall.) If possible, the specific file specs should be 3300 pixels x 5100 pixels @ 300dpi. If the student is making a physical submission, please ensure it is created on an 11″x17″ piece of paper, canvas, or a flat scannable medium.
5) DELIVERY: If the file is 14MB or less, it can be emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org If it is larger than 14MB, it must be uploaded to a file-sharing location (such as Google Drive or Dropbox), and then the link can be emailed to email@example.com. The email’s subject line must be: Student Showcase Poster, and within the email, you must include the student’s full name and age. Or you may submit a physical piece of art to the Front Desk with your name, phone number, age, and email clearly written on the back.
6) DEADLINE: The file must be received by 11:59PM on February 11th, 2023