We believe dance is a gift that should be accessible for everyone. We have seen first-hand and experienced the impact that dance can have on an individual’s life. Further, we have seen the personal and spiritual growth that can occur in participants of a Christian dance community.
Therefore we do not want financial hardship to prohibit students from participating in Lighthouse Dance. At the same time, we recognize that our program is not for everyone. Families and individuals have various God-given priorities, and a great diversity of talents to steward. We understand that dance may or may not fit into that picture for your family.
Our scholarships are primarily for those who consider dance to be a priority, yet after making personal sacrifices cannot afford the financial cost. If you believe you (or your family) fit this criteria, we welcome you to submit the scholarship application on this page.
If you’re interested in in donating to our scholarship fund, go here.
Please read the following important notes before applying for a scholarship:
1) Scholarships do NOT cover any portion of registration fees, recital fees, or costume fees. In other words, you will need to be able to cover those fees on your own. If you are unable to do so, we recommend finding an outside sponsor (such as a friend or family member) who will agree to pay those fees.
2) Scholarships cover a portion of dance class tuition ranging from 25% to 100%. The portion is completely variable, depending on the unique situation. If you are awarded a partial scholarship, you will still be responsible for your reduced tuition rate, just like any regular student. Whatever your portion may be, if you are late you will be charged late fees, and will be suspended from the program if the balance is not paid in a timely manner.
3) Only one scholarship application is needed per family. The application includes all participating family members.
4) Scholarships are awarded based on our sole opinion and discretion. This is a private program. There are many factors which may affect the availability of scholarships. Not everyone who applies will receive a scholarship.
5) In addition to scholarship awards, we may consider bartering for certain services that would be beneficial to Lighthouse Dance. (For example: costume seamstress, handyman repair, advertising exposure, studio maintenance, etc.) Again this is at our sole discretion, and there are only so many services we need so please do not take offense if we do not have need for your service at this time.
6) We reserve the right to revoke scholarships at any time for any reason. All students must follow our policy handbook.
7) We will generally give you an answer within 2 weeks. If you do not hear from us in that time frame, please contact us. We may also contact you to get additional information.
8) Please respect our decision. Awards are not open for negotiation, unless we are specifically bartering for a service you are providing.
Take your time and be as detailed as possible. Incomplete applications will not be considered.